- Geographic coordinates:
- Latitude: 10.52° N
- Longitude: 7.44° E
- Elevation: 614 m
- The climate is tropical.
With an average of 28.6 °C, April is the warmest month.
At 23.3 °C on average, the period of your visit, August is the coldest and wettest (average precipitation, 284mm) month of the year. Peak temperatures may reach 34.0°C by mid afternoon
- -How to get to Kaduna.
Kaduna is situated approximately 220Km north of the capital city Abuja, 230Km from Kano it's northeast, 330Km from Katsina to it's north, 470Km from Sokoto to it's northwest and 490Km from Ilorin to its southwest.
- INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS:
- Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) - Lagos (LOS)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA)- Abuja (ABV)
- Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport (MAKIA)- Kano (KAN)
- Port Harcourt International Airport (PHC)
The major international airports are:
It is advisable to disembark in Lagos as it is only from there you can get connecting flight into Kaduna International Airport (KAD). However you can disembark in Abuja and take the train to Kaduna. Once you've embarked you can take any of the options available to the local participants.
- LOCAL PARTICIPANTS:
- By AIR:
- Arik Air - www.arikair.com MMA terminal 2 -
- Azman Air - www.airazman.com
- Med-View Airline - www.medviewairline.com
There are daily flights from the local wing (MMA) of the (MMIA) Lagos to Kaduna:MMA terminal 1-
Visit the websites for flight schedules and bookings. The average flight time between the two cities is approximately 1hr. Average Fare:
• Business class N55,000 ($135)
• Economy N25,000 ($60)
It is not unusual for delays which may range from minutes to hours. The LOC is not liable for such delays.
- First class N1500 ($4)
- Standard class N 1050 ($3) For time table and bookings visit www.nrc.gov.ng
There are twice daily fully air conditioned secure trains and Once daily service on Sundays ,between the cities of Abuja (Idu/Kubuwa) and Kaduna (Rigasa). The estimate duration of the journey between the two cities is approximately 2hrs 40 Mins. Fare:
- A1/A2 northwards from the South West Zone
- A2/A3 south westwards from Kano and the North East Zone
- A126/A2 south eastwards from the North West Zone
- A9/A2 southwards from Katsina and North Africa
- A3/A2 northwards from the South East and South South Zones
Kaduna can be accessed via the:
- Lagos (Apapa, Tin Can Island)
- Port Harcourt
Seaports are available at:
If you choose this means to disembark in Nigeria you can take any of the options available to you at your point of entry as described above. Buses will be available at the Kaduna International Airport and Rigasa Train Station to convey participants on Sunday 20th, Monday 21st August and Tuesday 22nd August 2017 only to their hotels/conference venue. For any further information contact:• Dr. D. Chinda - +2348037005323; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dr. P. Y. Jiya - +2348035043692; email@example.com
• Dr. A. L. Rafindadi - +2348033207354; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dr. A. B. Silas - +2348036173572; email@example.com
We wish you safe passage to Kaduna the crocodile city (by the way our crocodiles don't bite) and a pleasant/memorable stay!